05 Nov 2019
South African President Cyril Ramaphosa is due to deliver the second South Africa Investment Conference between the 5th and 7th November 2019.
In a statement published on Monday 4 November, the presidency stated that the annual conference, being held at the Sandton Convention Centre in Johannesburg, is a major step in the country’s aim to raise R1.2 trillion in new domestic and foreign investment over the next five years.
“This year’s conference will highlight the positive steps government is making to improve the investment environment and the progress made on last year’s investment commitments,” said Ramaphosa.
“It will also serve as a platform for government to engage with the local and intetnational investment community in order to promote the investment opportunities in the country and explore new markets.”
Prior to the opening of the conference, the South African government issued a 120-page document drawing attention towards why one should invest in South Africa.
The report lists 10 main reasons why investors should look at South Africa as an optimum location for investment. As reported by Business Tech, it details the following:
• Vibrant emerging market
• Most diversified economy in Southern Africa
• Largest presence of multinationals on the African continent
• Progressive constitution and independent judiciary
• Favourable access to global markets
• Abundant natural resources
• Advanced financial services and banking sector
• World-class infrastructure and logistics
• Young, eager labour force
• Excellent quality of life